Here are the top 10 facts about proximity marketing and how this relates to Hardin County Business Owners.
- Proximity marketing is currently a $200,000,000 advertising market as of 2018, and is estimated to be over $45,000,000,000 in 2025. Unless my math is wrong, that’s a 198% increase over a 7-year period!
- Android users make up 60% of the smart phone market with iPhone users at 40%, and according to research approximately 40 to 50 percent of smart phone users leave on Bluetooth.
- This is not a fad or a trend. It’s a new way to advertise and promote any type of product, service, business, event, cause, fundraiser, concert or just about anything else.
- Regardless of me or you, the market will grow and proximity marketing will be the new way to advertise. Couple this with the right type of business model, proximity marketing products can grow even more and faster.
- The cost of proximity marketing is relatively low in comparison to a traditional print or media campaign because monthly advertising costs can yield an investment of a nickel an hour advertising for every hour.
- This is legal and not spam because it complies with the Can Spam Act and sends a ‘silent’ notification only to smartphones with Bluetooth, and Location Services turned on. Unlike email, users must “jump through hoops” to see your notification.
- Not all proximity marketing hardware and/or software is created equal because of the manufacturer’s proprietary process so the differences, and preferences of each consumer in the market will be different based on user experience.
- Having a pre-built system in place for proximity marketing campaigns is essential to gathering customer data, follow up sequences and being able to change the messages on the go.
- Business owners are already paying for advertising so not investing in a proximity marketing strategy now will allow your competition to get ahead of you.
- You’re going to hear about this more often so you might as well take advantage now before your competition does while this technology is still relatively in it’s infancy.
This article was written by Scott Lucas of Scott Lucas Strategies, a website and technology solutions company in Elizabethtown, KY. All rights are reserved and no part or all this article can be shared, or edited without the express consent of the author. Copyright © 2018. For more details on the proximity marketing solution Scott Lucas Strategies provides, visit http://ScottLucas.Tech
Provided by: Scott Lucas Strategies