It’s time to start collecting food and supplies for the 2023 Family Scholar House Thanksgiving Meal Drive to benefit Elizabethtown Community and Technical College Students.
Numerous locations, including the Hardin County Chamber of Commerce office at 111 West Dixie Avenue, will serve as collection sites. We invite the community, individuals, businesses, clubs and organizations to collect items and/or monetary donations for the drive.
The goal is to help 100 families from across the ECTC service area by providing them with the necessary items for a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Each meal will include: a box of stuffing, a box of macaroni and cheese, a jar of turkey gravy, a can of cranberry sauce, a can of green beans, a can of corn, a box of cake mix, a tub of frosting, a box of instant mashed potatoes, a can of yams, two Kool-Aid packets, a small bag of sugar, an aluminum pan, a roll of aluminum foil, and poultry seasoning.
Monetary donations will be used to purchase a turkey, hen or ham for each meal.
Chamber members are encouraged to bring an item from the list to the November 8th membership luncheon.
Community members are asked to purchase and drop off whole or partial meals at the following locations. Any other organizations interested in participating in the drive can contact Mary Jo King at Family Scholar House at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regional Postsecondary Center (RPC) lobby, ECTC, 600 College Street Road, Elizabethtown
- Academic Technical Building (ATB) lobby, ECTC, 600 College Street Road, Elizabethtown
- Hardin County Water District No. 2, 1951 West Park Road, Elizabethtown
- Burnett & Griffin PLLC, 915 Memorial Court, Suite 100, Elizabethtown
- Vine Grove City Hall, 300 W. Main St., Vine Grove
- Signarama Elizabethtown, 1609 N. Dixie Hwy., Ste 117, Elizabethtown
- WesBanco, Main Branch, 425 W. Dixie Ave., Elizabethtown
- Hardin County Public Library, 100 Jim Owen Drive, Elizabethtown
- Hardin County Chamber of Commerce, 111 W. Dixie Ave., Elizabethtown
The meal kits will be assembled at Reyes Coca-Cola and the employees from Reyes Coca-Cola and Hardin County Water District #2 will coordinate the packaging and distribution of the meals. Special thanks to Nolin RECC for the donation of bags.
Thank you for supporting this program and helping families in need this Thanksgiving.